Part of our team dedicated to investigation on networked applications, in a human-sized R&D, you will study requests from our customers for detection of new applications. You will reproduce their environment, sometimes large enterprise or industrial solutions, collect information on network protocols it uses, and finally prepare specifications for the development teams. At the end of the process, they will build a signature for that application, like what is done for other cybersecurity products such as anti-virus or IDS. You may also participate in building our study tools; and checking that our existing signatures are up to date. If you are curious and enjoy studying new and unknown things to understand how they work, you are the right fit for this job.
- Study requests from customers for new signatures,
- Reproduce application deployments in lab setups,
- Survey and analyze protocols,
- Write functional specifications.
- Monitor and update existing signatures.
- Design and develop new analysis tools.
- You have general knowledge in networking, have general knowledge of the inner working of a networked application.
- You can develop in Python and are proficient in Linux environment (shell scripting).
- You can read and understand a C program.
- You have a Master's degree in computer science, including networking.
- Part of an international team, English read and spoken is needed.
Would be a plus
- Using network monitoring tools such as Wireshark.
- Basic administration of Windows environment.
- Industrial protocols, enterprise software, SaaS platforms
- Cyber-security products (SIEM, IDS).
- Experience in reverse engineering of network protocols.
Who we are
ENEA Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) identifies, from network packets, the applications and their protocols in real-time. This allows most equipment makers, some telcos, cloud providers, or cybersecurity vendors to provide an accurate picture of the network. We are looking for talented people to help us enhance our high-quality protocol signature database.
Enea is one of the world’s leading specialists in software for telecommunications and cybersecurity.
Our customers include some of the most important communication service providers and networking solution vendors in the world. Our technology is used by billions of people daily. We are proud of what we have achieved, what we do and how we do it. Our customers are our focus. Our technology is our passion.
Enea is a global company with a worldwide presence. We have a dynamic and growing business and we need talented, dedicated people to help develop our solutions, market our products and support our customers.