The Regional Sales Director, APAC is responsible for qualifying sales opportunities, developing sales pipeline, managing the sales cycle and achieving revenue goals, assisting with the development and execution of the company’s strategies and results of a specific region. This position is a hunter position, and ideal for a passionate sales lead ready for the challenge. This includes managing key customer relationships and addressing their needs and issues through a thorough understanding of their customers’ business. The Sales Director will develop and maintain relationships with key commercial and technical decision makers, influencers and contacts within the region through multiple levels up to SVP and CxO. This person must have exceptional communications skills including the ability to effectively communicate the business impact of Enea’s technology.
The Sales Director plans and directs all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts; establishing short and long-term goals to meet the department’s overarching sales strategy and objectives.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
- Identify, qualify and close new and upsell sales opportunities to generate sales revenues that meet or exceed assigned goals
- Develop a strategic regional plan to deliver sales targets in accordance with Enea’s product strategy.
- Manage and meet quarterly and annual quota targets for the assigned region
- Provides consistent quarterly bookings/revenue performance.
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time for face-to-face customer meetings.
- Work closely with Systems Engineering to identify and scope opportunities and to deliver technical and roadmap updates and RFx responses
- Negotiate deals directly with central and/or local Procurement including detailed pricing strategies and contract drafting.
- Drive/lead resources used to support the sales process, e.g. engagement with Systems Engineering, managing RFP responses and bid management, proposal development and delivery, expert presentations, collateral development
- Deliver timely technical and administrative product and solution information to create long-term, on-going business relationships and set the stage for future opportunities
- Articulate account and market insights to Enea Executives, Sales management, Marketing and Product Management.
- Work with the Marketing Team for Lead Generation and marketing activities
- Lead a cross-functional team through focused planning and communication through the successful execution of the sales cycle
- Ensures that all functions provide post-implementation support to assigned customer; serve as a point-of-escalation for issues or activities that the customer encounters during services utilization.
- Engage with Global Support team and Engineering on the timely resolution of critical issues.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Enea’s competition through regular study and evaluation. Share competitive intelligence with and obtain this knowledge from product management to help improve the quality and positioning of Enea solutions.
Skills and Competency Requirements
- Must be self-motivated and able to hunt for new and upsell opportunities within the assigned region.
- Demonstrates a willingness to take action on problems or opportunities without encouragement; possesses the desire and willingness to push toward achieving a desired goal or end-state without suggestions or prompting from others.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve or exceed aggressive growth targets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional team members; ability to get results through others; able to influence and pull teams together to meet account goals.
- Possesses strong deductive reasoning skills and be capable of thinking through problems in a systematic and logical manner; identify consequences and implications.
- Ability to adjust strategies and realign priorities in a continually changing environment.
- Confident in own abilities and judgment. Take responsibility for problems or failings.
- Expert in listening, written and verbal communication.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or similar), business or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten to twenty (10-20) years of experience in direct field sales selling carrier-class, technology products and services.
- A thorough understanding of the telecommunications industry; challenges faced by operators and associated opportunities to provide solutions.
- Preferable sales experience in core software products
- Strong relationship and network of industry contacts specifically within wireless and/or broadband carriers in APAC.
- Previous knowledge and experience with software licensing.
- Experience collaborating with Partners while maintaining direct communication with Customers.
Travel or Other Requirements
- Must be willing to travel internationally as necessary.
- Work from home / work remotely from Singapore or Malaysia
Enea is a world-leading specialist in software for telecom and cyber-security. The company’s cloud-native solutions connect, optimize, and secure services for mobile subscribers, enterprises, and the Internet of Things. More than 100 communication service providers and 4.5 billion people rely on Enea technologies every day.
Enea has strengthened its product portfolio and global market position by integrating several acquisitions, including Qosmos, Openwave Mobility, Aptilo Networks, and Adaptive Mobile Security.