Director of Sales North America - Toronto, Canada
Do you like challenges and are seeking the next growth opportunity? Do you draw your energy from connecting with people and providing innovative solutions for your customers? Do you have experience selling telco software solutions and have a strong track record? If so, you might want to join us at Enea in our journey!
The Director of Sales NA - located in Toronto Canada, is responsible for qualifying sales opportunities, developing sales pipeline, managing the sales cycle, and achieving revenue goals, assisting with the development and execution of the company’s strategies and results of specific carrier accounts in the US. This position is responsible for the sale of Enea’s products and services to carrier accounts in the US; this includes managing key customer relationships and addressing their needs and issues through a thorough understanding of their customers’ business. The Director of Sales will develop and maintain relationships with key commercial and technical decision makers, influencers, and contacts within the account through multiple levels up to SVP and CxO.
This person must have exceptional communications skills including the ability to effectively communicate the business impact of Enea’s technology. This is a quota carrying position.
The Director of Sales plans and directs all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, establishing short and long-term goals to meet the department’s overarching sales strategy and objectives. She/he will coordinate with appropriate internal and external groups to generate and close business opportunities. She/he will conduct negotiations on contract terms and conditions to complete all business transactions.
The Director of Sales will report to the VP Sales Americas.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
- Identify, qualify, and close new and upsell sales opportunities to generate sales revenues that meet or exceed assigned goals
- Develop a strategic account plan to deliver sales targets in accordance with Enea’s product strategy
- Manage and meet quarterly and annual quota targets for the account
- Responsible for all goals and quotas as assigned by Sales Management
- Provide consistent quarterly bookings/revenue performance
- Prioritize activities and resources accordingly in order to achieve sales targets and goals
- Provide accurate forecasting of revenues and bookings; prepare recurring sales forecasts, e.g.: pipeline/funnel/forecast reports, etc.
- Build long term partnerships with customers, including creating and maintaining relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Conduct introductory and high-level presentations
- Work closely with Systems Engineering to identify and scope opportunities and to deliver technical and roadmap updates and RFx responses
- Negotiate deals directly with Procurement including detailed pricing strategies and contract drafting
- Drive/lead resources used to support the sales process, e.g. engagement with Systems Engineering, managing RFP responses and bid management, proposal development and delivery, expert presentations, collateral development
- Deliver timely technical and administrative product and solution information to create long-term, on-going business relationships and set the stage for future opportunities
- Articulate account and market insights to Enea Executives, Sales management, Marketing and Product Management
- Work with the Marketing Team for Lead Generation and marketing activities
- Maintain accurate and current database records of contacts, activities, and sales potential
- Lead a cross-functional team through focused planning and communication through the successful execution of the sales cycle
- Ensure that all functions provide post-implementation support to assigned customer; serve as a point-of-escalation for issues or activities that the customer encounters during services utilization
- Engage with Global Support team and Engineering on the timely resolution of critical issues
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Enea’s competition through regular study and evaluation. Share competitive intelligence with and obtain this knowledge from product management to help improve the quality and positioning of Enea solutions
Skills and Competency Requirements
- Self-motivated and able to hunt for new and upsell opportunities within the account
- Willingness to take action on problems or opportunities without encouragement; possesses the desire and willingness to push toward achieving a desired goal or end-state without suggestions or prompting from others
- Adept at communicating business plans, programs, and vision with customers and internally
- Ability to achieve or exceed aggressive growth targets
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional team members; ability to get results through others; able to influence and pull teams together to meet account goals
- Strong deductive reasoning skills and be capable of thinking through problems in a systematic and logical manner; identify consequences and implications
- Ability to adjust strategies and realign priorities in a continually changing environment
- Confident in own abilities and judgment. Take responsibility for problems or failings
- Expert in listening, written and verbal communication
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or similar), business or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of ten to twenty (10-20) years of experience in direct field sales selling carrier-class, technology products and services
- A thorough understanding of the telecommunications industry; challenges faced by operators and associated opportunities to provide solutions
- Strong relationship and network of industry contacts specifically within Tier 1 wireless carriers in North America
- Proven experience in successfully managing complex, multi-million-dollar accounts with demonstrated ability to develop relationships at the executive level
- Previous knowledge and experience with software licensing
- Experience collaborating with Partners while maintaining direct communication with Customers
- Strong business acumen, identifying key issues with the ability to bring them to resolution
Travel or Other Requirements
- Willing to travel 50% of the time, domestically and/or internationally, as necessary.
- Toronto, Canada
- Work from home / work remotely
Enea is a world-leading specialist in software for telecom and cyber-security. The company’s cloud-native solutions connect, optimize, and secure services for mobile subscribers, enterprises, and the Internet of Things. More than 100 communication service providers and 4.5 billion people rely on Enea technologies every day.
Enea has strengthened its product portfolio and global market position by integrating several acquisitions, including Qosmos, Openwave Mobility, Aptilo Networks, and Adaptive Mobile Security.
- Sales & Marketing
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
We care about you
At Enea, we believe our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to their well-being. We encourage, guide, and support employees, helping them to advance their careers while contributing to customer projects and to the success of our company.
We want our employees to be happy and healthy and encourage activities beyond work responsibilities. For example, we contribute to sporting activities, organize social events, celebrate successes and support all efforts for employee well-being. With us, you will find a stimulating work environment, where we reward extraordinary achievements and allow people to grow in their professional roles.
Enea is a world-leading specialist in software for telecom and cybersecurity. The company’s cloud-native solutions connect, optimize, and secure services for mobile subscribers, enterprises, and the Internet of Things. More than 100 communication service providers and 4.5 billion people rely on Enea technologies every day.
Enea has strengthened its product portfolio and global market position by integrating a number of acquisitions, including Qosmos, Openwave Mobility, Aptilo Networks, and AdaptiveMobile Security.
Enea is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm
Director of Sales North America - Toronto, Canada
Loading application form