Senior Pre Sales Engineer (SE)/Senior Technical Solutions Architect APAC
Do you like challenges and are seeking the next growth opportunity? Do you draw your energy from connecting with people and providing innovative solutions for your customers? Do you have experience selling telco software solutions and have a strong track record? If so, you might want to join us at Enea in our journey!
The Senior Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) / Senior Technical Solutions Architect for APAC region will support Enea's technical sales requirements, including product demonstrations, responding to customer RFXs, leading lab evaluation or proof of concept for Enea products, and supporting technical sales presentations. This person plays a critical role in the sales process by acting as the primary technical contact for prospective customers, providing a deeper level of technical expertise, and helping to develop a complete understanding of the Customer's operating environment/architecture and how the Enea products would fit into that environment. The person must have exceptional communication skills, including effectively communicating the business impact of Enea's technology. In addition to supporting the sales team during customer meetings, this person will work closely with other cross-functional organizations within Enea (for example, Product Management, Engineering) to help define customer requirements and architect a solution leveraging Enea product(s). The person should have a strong understanding of Cloud Native, Virtualization, Telco Cloud, 5G SA & 5G NSA, Traffic Management (DPI), or subscriber data management domains, associated server platforms, and wireless networks, as well as a proven track record supporting customers in a pre-sales environment.
This person will report to the Director Technical Sales MEA & APAC.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist Enea sales representatives in customer and partner presentations as needed by providing deeper product/technology information to technical teams and presenting solutions in the most compelling manner possible by illustrating the impact Enea's solution will have on the Customer's business (cost savings, ARPU increase, QoE improvement, regulatory compliance, risk reduction, etc.)
- Lead product demonstrations and hands-on execution of proof of concepts and lab/production trials of Enea products at customer and partner sites or remotely on hyperscales
- Engage with cross-functional Enea organizations, including Product Management, Engineering, and Global Customer Support, to develop a broad and deep understanding of all current and future Enea products/roadmap and how they are delivered as solutions to Enea customers
- Review all Product Requirements Documents (PRD) to enhance product knowledge and to provide input to the product management team based on customer knowledge
- Assist sales in developing, along with the Customer, technical requirements and product criteria that will deliver the best solution to the Customer and favorably differentiate Enea
- Work effectively with other internal departments to communicate customer and partner requirements and needs to Enea Product Management and associated responses to Customers, including involving the appropriate Company resources as needed
- Work with necessary departments to address customer concerns promptly and ensure their confidence in Enea by projecting a sense of urgency and exceptional technical competence
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Enea's competition through regular study and evaluation. Share competitive intelligence with, and obtain this knowledge from, Product Management to help improve the quality and positioning of Enea solutions
- Continuously expand understanding of wireless networks (especially Core and RAN), video protocols and delivery, IP and CDN technologies, subscriber data management, and NFV/Cloud through personal study and periodic training
- Support device testing in the field to certify Enea features, and specifications work on popular wireless devices if required
- Record customer meetings via an email trip report, providing other Enea personnel visibility to key customer interactions
- Help marketing and sales develop additional sales tools as needed to allow Enea to demonstrate our solutions' value to prospective customers effectively
- Always engage prospects, partners, and other employees respectfully, demonstrating a passion for success and the highest standards for integrity
Desirable Skills (Work Experience and Technical Knowledge)
- 10+ years of industry experience in technology pre-sales, sales engineering, or professional services consulting
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering/technology, preferably in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or Information Systems
- Understanding wireless networks such as LTE, 5G SA, 5G NSA, UMTS, HSPA, etc.
- High-level familiarity with 3GPP Release 15/16 spec for 5G NFs (UPF, UDR, UDSF, UDM, AUSF, AMF, SMF, NRF)
- Knowledge of Network & Service Orchestration, CI / CD
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Virtualization technologies (Openstack, VMWare, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of data network protocols such as HTTP1/2, HTTPS, QUIC, LDAP, Diameter, RADIUS, and DNS
- Deep knowledge of the TCP/IP Protocol and architecture, including the ability to analyze packet captures to identify issues
- Experience installing and configuring Linux (RHEL preferred) Operating System and Linux-based applications on bare metal, virtual, and container infrastructure
- Good knowledge of load balancers, switches, and routers along with routing protocols, e.g., OSPF & BGP
- Good knowledge of shell, PERL, or Python programming languages
- General data networking skills and knowledge, including firewalls and port forwarding
- Ability to adjust communication to the target audience (Customer, Internal, Executives, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (for example, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Self-starter (works well with limited guidance), with high energy and a strong sense of urgency
- Must be a team player with cross-cultural communication experience
- Experience supporting sales organization selling network/OSS/BSS platforms to wireless operators
- Knowledge of competing network optimization solutions would be a significant advantage
- Experience with HSS, PCRF, and general database technologies is a definite positive
- Must be willing to travel as necessary to support the sales team
- Sales & Marketing
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We care about you
At Enea, we believe our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to their well-being. We encourage, guide, and support employees, helping them to advance their careers while contributing to customer projects and to the success of our company.
We want our employees to be happy and healthy and encourage activities beyond work responsibilities. For example, we contribute to sporting activities, organize social events, celebrate successes and support all efforts for employee well-being. With us, you will find a stimulating work environment, where we reward extraordinary achievements and allow people to grow in their professional roles.
Enea is a world-leading specialist in software for telecom and cybersecurity. The company’s cloud-native solutions connect, optimize, and secure services for mobile subscribers, enterprises, and the Internet of Things. More than 100 communication service providers and 4.5 billion people rely on Enea technologies every day.
Enea has strengthened its product portfolio and global market position by integrating a number of acquisitions, including Qosmos, Openwave Mobility, Aptilo Networks, and AdaptiveMobile Security.
Enea is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm
Senior Pre Sales Engineer (SE)/Senior Technical Solutions Architect APAC
Loading application form