Enea is one of the world’s leading specialists in software for telecommunications and cybersecurity.
Our customers include some of the most important communication service providers and networking solution vendors in the world. Our technology is used by billions of people daily. We are proud of what we have achieved, what we do and how we do it. Our customers are our focus. Our technology is our passion.
Enea is a global company with a worldwide presence. We have a dynamic and growing business and we need talented, dedicated people to help develop our solutions, market our products and support our customers.
Working in the Customer Project Engineering team:
You have a proven ability to work in CO and/or R&D department, to design, develop, and support network related software, to ensure optimum performance levels and system resource use, and to ensure Carrier Grade stability levels.
The Project Engineer performs all changes to Qosmos Products to ease or allow their integration in our customers’ environment. To do so, the Project Engineer provides new specific application or modules, specific software changes into the product, implementation advice, or technical assistance to integration. He must be able to learn and adapt himself to new environment, tools, and technologies.
The Project Engineer could occasionally work on the customer’s premises directly with his R&D team helping handling customer integration, support issue resolution, new evolution Qosmos product delivery.
- Participate in customer’s projects using Qosmos DPI/TI Technology in heterogeneous environments.
- Participate to feasibility study and to estimation of works
- Develop the required features and insure correct integration into the product and / or customers environment.
- Participate to others team members code review.
- Occasionally participate to features validation, either by providing dedicated automated tools or by performing results analysis.
- Protocols reverse engineering and plugins development
- Analyze parameter and code software components in respect of standards and procedures, and according to the evolution guidelines set out for existing components.
- Write Users’ documentation for features developed
- Develop, test and validate automated test application to follow/improve our software quality.
- Use of software profiling
- Identify bottleneck code and propose corrections
- Report issues and benchmarking results for both support and management team.
- Ensure that technical goals and deadlines are met.
- Occasionally works on customer’s premises when necessary for confidentiality, restricted access to validation environment or timeline reasons
- Report on a regular basis to management on project progress, identified risks and associated solutions or workarounds.
- Assist occasionally Customer Support in problem analysis
- Collect relevant information
- Start analysis/ reproduction and propose workaround or a patch if possible
- Master degree in Computer Science with a specialization in Information Systems / Networks
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in software development in Linux environment
- Fluent English
- Very good knowledge of C language
- Knowledge of Linux development tools
- Knowledge in Multi-Threading development
- Development knowledge on Intel CPU architecture and possibly on other Multi Core CPU architectures (ARM, Mips, etc.)
- Knowledge of debugging and profiling techniques and tools
- Knowledge of source management tools (git, gitlab)
- Knowledge of IP network protocols
- Knowledge of automation tools and scripts (Python, bash, etc.)
- Algorithms knowledge
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies would be appreciated
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with ENEA and customers’ team members
- Curious, agile mind, eager to learn and discover new technologies
- Customer oriented minded
- Capability to work on several projects in parallel